Adorable, furry, and humankind’s best friend, dogs have been by our side for over 12,000 years. Check out these pawsome dog facts to learn more about our 4-legged friends, including surprising history, fun statistics, biology, different breeds, life span, and much more.
1. The Golden Retriever is the most popular dog for attracting potential dates.
2. Plato once said that “a dog has the soul of a philosopher.”
3. Some trained dogs can sniff out various types of cancer.
4. The average dog has the intelligence of a two-year-old child.
5. Over 10 million dogs are killed each year in China for fur and meat.
6. Dachshunds were bred to fight badgers in their dens.
7. A dog most likely interprets a smiling person as baring their teeth, which is an act of aggression.
8. The word “watchdog” is first found in Shakespeare’s The Tempest.
9. Dogs with sharp, pointed faces typically live longer. Dogs with very flat faces, such as bulldogs, often have shorter lives.
10. A group of pugs is called a “grumble.”
Check out more interesting dog facts here: https://www.factretriever.com/dog-facts
FactRetriever is a leading producer of the most interesting facts, online video content, and a plethora of fascinating topics.
Subscribe here: https://www.youtube.com/c/FactRetriever?sub_confirmation=1
View Orginal Video here.